Saturday, December 31, 2011

My humble opinion

Nothing happens for a reason.
But everything that happens is a reason.
You have yourself, and you have your Tyler Dordin deep down. Your entire life is you subconsciously making the decision to be better than Tyler and be Ikea man. Every single thing you do is a choice and has different outcomes. In a different world I could be jumping off a cliff right now instead of typing this blog, but the decisions I've made have lead me to this exact moment.
I am not in this moment because in 2 hours writing this blog will change my life, but rather I am in this moment because I decided to be. The Tyler in me might be telling me to steal a bank right now, but I told myself to sit down and write this.
Everything we do is a choice. Rubbing your eye, smiling at someone, flipping someone off. These are all choices that we make. Sometimes they are because we know that they will be in our best self interest. No I dont want to do my homework but I know it will help me in a few months when I am looking to go to college. The choices we make all have benefits and drawbacks however.
If someone is being a real a$$ to you, you might decide to flip them off. That may seem like a good choice at the time, you feel great because you got that anger off your chest. But, maybe in a month or two you will see that person, and your action will become a reason for them to do what they do. The choices we make are not made because we evaluate every single benefit and drawback, they happen because it is what we want at the time.
The key to life is to find the perfect balance between hindsight, foresight and looking at whats right in front of you. Some of the choices you make can be based on past experiences and will turn out differently than they did the first time. Some, like homework, are made by thinking of your self in the future and looking out for that. However if you live too much in the past or future you will loose sight of what is right in front of you. Make choices because of today too.
So, I'm not sure how much sense this blog makes. But life is a series of choices, they cannot be justified all the time. Random things happen to us, we act upon them and our actions determine the path we take through life.
This is of course all hypothetical. I wish I was certain about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment